Elena Walch Pinot Nero "Ludwig" 2016
The Pinot Noir “Ludwig” presents itself with a full ruby red color and with elegant concentration and complexity. Fresh fruit notes of heart cherries and redcurrants as well as the spicy hint of pepper and elegant roasted notes characterize the bouquet. On the palate, the wine unfolds its full power and elegance with gripping tannins, a filigree structure and harmonious interplay between subtle spice and elegant freshness - with inviting length and great aging potential.
- Alto Adige DOC
- Grape: 100% Pinot Nero
- Origin: From both sites of the valley, one of which is facing East at an elevation of 400m, the other one facing West at an elevation of 580m.
- Availability: 0,75l
- Aging potential: 4 – 15 years
- Serving temperature and food pairing: 16 - 18 °C First courses, light main courses
Maceration at low temperatures for 48 hours, followed by traditional fermentation, partially in large Slovenia oak vats, partially in stainless steel tanks. Malolactic fermentation follows and, the final wine matures in French oak barrels for another 16 months.
- FALSTAFF/AUSTRIA - 94 POINTS
- ANNUARIO DEI MIGLIORI VINI ITALIANI-LUCA MARONI - 90 POINTS
- THE WINE ADVOCATE - ROBERT PARKER/USA - 93 POINTS
- SLOW WINE -
- JAMES SUCKLING - 93 POINTS