Elena Walch Cuvée Kermesse Rosso 2015
The flagship red blend „Kermesse“ presents an intense ruby color and layered nose of red berries, sour cherries, violet, black pepper and black tea over a subtle smoky/roasted aroma. Strong tannins belie an inviting elegance and surprisingly fresh finish. Distinctive and long-lived. A blend of Syrah, Petit Verdot, Lagrein, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
- Vino Rosso d’Italia
- Grape: Syrah, Petit Verdot, Lagrein, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Availability: 0,75l / 1,5l
- Aging potential:15 – 20 years
- Serving temperature and food pairing: 16 - 18°C Goes well with dark meat and game
All grape varieties but the Cabernet Sauvginon (which tends to ripen later) get harvested on the same day and are processed all together. The must ferments for approximately 20 days in stainless steel tanks, followed by malolactic fermentation and maturation for 18 months in French oak barriques (Limousine and Allier), almost all of which are new. Finally, the wine matures for several months in the bottle before being released.
- FALSTAFF/AUSTRIA - 92 POINTS
- ANNUARIO DEI MIGLIORI VINI ITALIANI-LUCA MARONI - 94 POINTS
- THE WINE ADVOCATE - ROBERT PARKER/USA - 92 POINTS
- JAMES SUCKLING - 94 POINTS
- VINOUS BY ANTONIO GALLONI - 91+ POINTS