Elena Walch Beyond the Clouds 2013 Jeroboam 5l
A brilliant straw yellow characterizes the white cuvée “Beyond the Clouds.” On the nose, a complex, beguiling aroma game with notes of white flowers and fruit nuances from stone fruit and pineapple, capped by a fine mineral approach. Elegant and multi-layered, the wine presents itself with a discreetly integrated, restrained wood note on the palate: with finesse and power, exciting and with great development potential and a vibrant finish. A selection of our finest white grapes, predominantly Chardonnay.
- Bianco Alto Adige DOC
- Grape: a selection of our finest white grapes, predominantly Chardonnay
- Availability: 0,75l / 1,5l
- Aging potential: 15 - 18 years
- Serving temperature and food pairing: Lightly chilled, 11 - 13°C Full-flavoured first courses, fish, cheeses and dishes based on white meats
The various grape varieties get picked as soon as the Chardonnay reaches optimum maturity. All varieties get crushed and pressed together after which they also ferment together in new French oak barriques. Part of the wine undergoes malolactic fermentation, after which it is matured for another 10 months in barrique with lees being regularly stirred up. The finished wine is bottle aged for at least 6 months before being released.
- ANNUARIO DEI MIGLIORI VINI ITALIANI-LUCA MARONI - 98 POINTS
- THE WINE ADVOCATE - ROBERT PARKER/USA - 91 POINTS
- JAMES SUCKLING - 95 POINTS
- LUCA GARDINI - GARDININOTES.COM - 94+ POINTS