Elena Walch Gewurztraminer Vigna Kastelaz 2018
The Gewürztraminer Vigna “Kastelaz” is an international benchmark for the variety. With a rich, golden yellow color and a beguilingly complex bouquet both elegant and mineral, with aromas of roses and lychee as well as subtle acacia honey. On the palate, the wine is convincing and complex with an elegant structure, stimulating acidity, harmonious-spicy freshness and a delicate, vibrant finish. A wine with finesse and character!
- Alto Adige DOC
- Grape: 100% Gewürztraminer
- Vineyard: Vigna "Kastelaz"
- Availability: 0,75l
- Aging potential: 3 – 10 years
- Serving temperature and food pairing: 11 - 13 °C
Perfect accompaniment to shellfish, crabs and lobster, to asiatic dishes and blue cheese.
Very carefully selected, fully ripe grapes get selected, picked in two harvests. Before pressing, the crushed berries are cold macerated for 6 hours, after which the juice is clarified by refrigeration and natural sedimentation. Fermentation is activated using selected yeasts and the temperature is controlled at 18
- WINE SPECTATOR/USA - 91 POINTS
- THE WINE ADVOCATE - ROBERT PARKER/USA - 92 POINTS
- GUIDA ESSENZIALE AI VINI D'ITALIA - DANIELE CERNILLI - 95 POINTS
- "TRE BICCHIERI" GAMBERO ROSSO - HALLO EN
- LUCA GARDINI - GARDININOTES.COM - 91+ POINTS